Wednesday, August 23, 2006

First Knit and more...


Here is my first knitting - a fuzzy hat and scarf combo made from Paton's Divine yarn in yummy Orangina. The pattern was from the Michael's web site, and turned out to be pretty easy. I'm knitting a second set for a birthday present for a friend.

Here are bookmarks I received in a swap, they're so pretty (and professsional)! Thank you, Kat.



Here are a couple things I have sent out this week for a handmade journal swap and a ribbon swap. The ribbons & fibers were from my stash, but the books were newly made. I recently took a book binding class at the Creative Arts Workshop and hope to take another one in the fall. The book covers are made with a paper from EK Success that is called LetterPress, but is really just debossed. It has a nice texture even though it isn't real letterpress. In official bookbinding speak, the journals are single-signature hard cover pamphlets.



No comments: