Tuesday, March 10, 2009

They make great pets



One of my first sewing projects, a year+ ago, was a few of these birds. Great to use up some scraps and you can make them as big or as small as you want. The pattern was nicely provided by Spool Sewing. They make me wish I was still in Philly, because they seem to have some really nice classes. It was my first 3D sewing project back then, but I am glad to report that when i made one the other day, I realized my sewing skills have increased Phenomenally (hello .... stitch tension!). Regardless .... the original birds are nicely housed in a cage that was a gift from my friend Susan. The cage sat empty for many years, but I love how the birds look in there. It's up on my office desk and I look at it every day. See more birds here.

No comments: