Friday, March 20, 2009

The week does fly by





And since I am on cooking strike, I have lots of time for sewing. I made a couple very cute wine totes from this pattern on SewingRepublic.com. They have some good video tutorials as well. Great thing about having a wine shop ... lots of bottles to put in wine totes. I have to say that it was a little challenging to top sew the top seam, as you have to flatten it out and manage the handles and still run it straight on the sewing machine, but i made it thru. Only needs 2 fat quarters and the insul-brite batting. The fabrics are all from Joann's.






Next is a little caddy I put together today - no pattern necessary. Used my extensive (haha) quilting skills to make a small quilt with binding, then i folded it and whip stitched it. Turned out the tricky part was the grommets. I thought they were like eyelets - 1 piece, so I got out my hammer and tried to attach them ... like 5 times. Where are those directions??? OHHHH.. they are 2 pieces that interlock. Then you hammer with the setter. Much better! I hung it up on the side of my craft bookcase for a little extra storage. The fabrics are Amy Butler's Daisy Chain and the pattern lent itself quite nicely to diagonal quilting. The best part was that I was able to zig zag some batting scraps together to make a piece that was big enough (10" x 17") for the inside.



Last, but not least, I went to see the Flower Show at Elizabeth Park this morning. It was the last day, of course. Lovely!


No comments: